About This Blog

To celebrate my 40th birthday in April and the fact that I'm actually able to celebrate my 40th birthday in spite of having had three open-heart surgeries to correct Tetralogy of Fallot,I'm running a 5K this year. I wanted a way to share that journey and possibly encourage others. Hopefully other Adults with Congenital Heart Defects or parents with children with Heart Defects will see this as encouragement that a diagnosis of a Congenital Heart Defect is not the end of the road but just the beginning. Also, I've hit some roadblocks along the way and it's time for some accountability. It's time to get off my but's.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So...about those plans

First of all...I am still going to run a 5K this year.  It's just not going to be for my 40th birthday.  My "last" nephew's baby shower is that week-end and I've been given the opportunity to not only attend that, but see my cousin who shares the same birthday as me and her family for the first time in years.  My choices...party like a rock star or run in a 5K.  Decisions, decisions, decisions...

And, my schedule this semester has been super crazy. 

And, we actually had a couple weeks of winter where I didn't want to venture outside for a second never mind trying to run in it.

And, I'm trying to get over my second bout of upper respiratory stuff which for this little heart patient = no running.

So, Monday, March 7, 2011 begins spring training.  There are a couple of 5K's this year on a little bit easier terrain and with more meaning to me personally.  And I plan on being prepared for Master the Mountain 2012 for my 41st birthday.

No....more....beating....myself...up!  I'm going to do this.  Just not yet.

3 comments:

  1. You will accomplish all your dreams in due time! Hope you have a great weekend with Perry's family and with April and hers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. I do good just to walk a mile a day and here you are training for a 5k. Well I wont be able to come in April but I am coming to visit some family and friends in March and I hope that I am able to visit with you and your family and Perry and his family at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will accomplish what you set out to do. The mind is primary. I've also got TOF and have had several surgeries as result. You have a wonderful gift from God that allows you a perspective like no other. Persistence, Resistance, Perseverance.
    -Andy tet4ultra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete